Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Luka Modrić sign for Real Madrid :)

Modric: “I am honoured and proud to be at the biggest and best club in the world”

“Everyone I need to help me grow as a player is here: the best manager and the best players; they will enable me to enjoy my football”

{ About the challenge
s he face in Real Madrid }
“I want to get a place in the side and I will have to work hard to do so. It’s going to be difficult, but I’m ready. I’ve come to play football and improve every day. I have set myself the challenge of winning trophies with Real Madrid. These are my personal desires and challenges. I am most comfortable in the middle of the park and I hope I can get a spot in that position, although I can play in other positions. It’s up to the manager to decide."

{ About his physical condition }
“It’s hard to say because I’ve missed two games. I have been training with Tottenham’s fitness coach, working hard and I played 25 minutes for Croatia. I hope I will only need a couple of games to get fit and reach my peak fitness level and the level expected of me by Real Madrid”.

{ Concerning the interest of Real Madrid }
“It all started before the European Championship and when I realised that Real Madrid wanted to sign me, I was excited that such a big club was showing an interest in me. I chose number 19 because there weren’t many numbers to choose from and it is a number which can represent me to the best possible extent”.

{ Referring the 3 official games of the team }
“I’ve watched the three games and I can only say one thing: how the league starts is not as important as how it ends. There are still many league games to play and we haven’t even started our Champions league or cup campaigns”.

{ When asking about making his debut against Barca this wednesday }
“I am feeling good. I still have to train with the team and make contact with the players. I am ready and it is up to the manager whether I play or not. It is one of the greatest games in world football”.

{ About his former team Tottenham }
“I can say that I am very grateful to Tottenham. I spent four wonderful years there and I enjoyed every minute. I would like to thank everyone who made life easier for me and my family in London. There are no hard feelings as far as I am concerned. I have begun a new chapter in my life. I can only express my gratitude to Tottenham and I am happy that this matter has been concluded and that I have signed for Real Madrid”.
 
Luka Modrić sign for Real Madrid
 

No comments:

Post a Comment