Thursday, September 13, 2012

Iker Casillas

Casillas: “It would be a dream come true to end my career in the club I had the privilege of starting out in when I was only nine”

“Time goes by quickly, but I'm really pleased with all the things that Real Madrid has given me and all that

I've given the club”

• { His 13th year since his first official match with Real Madrid }
It was a special day because it was my debut in San Mamés and in Real Madrid on an official level. I'm happy because I never thought that I would be here so long, even though it was my dream. The years go by quickly, but I'm really pleased with all the things that Real Madrid has given me and all that I've given the club.

• { Favorite Memory }
Without a doubt, the first European Cup I won. It was really special and unique for me because in ten months I went from playing in Real Madrid C, in the Third Division, to playing a Champions League final. It's the title I'm most fond of. I have other great memories too, such as those of my second European Cup and the various Ligas that we've won.

• { About wearing the number 20 shirt, does he want to spend at least 20 years in the club? }
I'd love that to be the case and to spend 20 more years with the club. ‘El Pipa’ gave me the shirt for this interview and it would be a dream come true and a real joy to end my career in the club I had the privilege of starting out in when I was only nine. My contract is until I'm 36 and my dream is to retire when I'm 39. I'm also aware that it's more and more difficult, they demand more from you. You always have to set the bar higher and now people don't allow you to lower your standards. It's an added responsibility for me.
 
Iker Casillas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment