Friday, September 14, 2012

Mourinho

Mourinho:

"For two years we have had a great record and that is what we all want. In this squad I do not know any player who does not want to do that. So I am not too worried. We are working together and worries a getting smaller. We believe that we can get back to playing well, even though have not had time to train together. But I think the motivational side can be done even without training."

"The match is tough. Our opponents have quality and we’ve have no time to train. It's true. Some of our players arrived tired from matches two days ago, others arrived yesterday and today is the first day that we’ve trained together, just before a match. We have to improve without training. Then, on Tuesday we have the Champions League. We have to win the match and work to improve and to get where we want to be. I think the mental or motivational side of things are what can make the difference in these moments. The only week that we can take to help to improve the team is during the Santiago Bernabéu Trophy, in which we can work on some plays and patterns. In other weeks we can only improve through the matches".

"If Cristiano is sad and plays as he plays then that’s perfect for me. My responsibility as a coach is to get the results. I have responsibility for sporting performance and that is where I have to concentrate. Cristiano works at the highest level and plays at the highest level. He is always a supportive team player and gives everything in every training session and is disciplinarily exemplary. I don’t have to worry about things that are not critical".
 
Mourinho
 

No comments:

Post a Comment